I have taken myself, again, on a Lenten trip into the wilderness. I spent my spring break at a cabin in the mountains of north Georgia taking in the beauty of nature, running, practicing stories, playing guitar, and most of all, writing the hell out of my dissertation.
Lest you think my time in the wilderness was more rugged than it was, the cabin did have electricity, water, and wifi. Not exactly roughing it.
This was the best possible thing I could have done in the midst of a difficult semester. I have been very productive, but also calm and happy.
Perhaps, like Preacher Casey, I found myself. But most of all, I was reminded that it is easer to choose to be present in the wild wilderness than in the man-made wilderness.
I've been kind of dreading the end of this trip. Just now, revisiting my earlier experiences in the wilderness has brought me new peace, because some lessons I have to learn over and over again. Casey came back. So, here I come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
beautiful M'Dear!
ReplyDelete