Horatio had an especially bad night last night. He has another cold so it is hard for him to sleep lying flat. John and I were both up with him multiple times trying to help him back to sleep.
At one point, when John was up with Horatio, Virginia came into our room. She woke me up and asked for one of her stuffed animals. I walked with her back to her bed, found it under all the other stuffed animals she sleeps with, tucked her in, and went back to my room.
A little while later, John was still up with Horatio and Virginia woke me up again. This time I sleepily said something like, "No. Go back to bed."
She left the room.
John put Horatio down and he quickly woke up again. This time I got up with him. While I was rocking Horatio my phone started ringing. It was my mother-in-law. It was 2 in the morning. I was thinking this was probably not a good thing.
"Hello?" I answered.
She asked, "Do you know where Virginia is?"
My mind was racing. Did she wander outside and Grandmommy was driving by at 2am for some reason and saw her???
I think I said something like, "I told her to go back to bed..."
"Well she called me from John's phone and she told me she was in her Daddy's office."
John gathered something of what was going on went to find Virginia. She was still in the office.
This morning he found the other phone calls she made, emails she drafted, and websites she visited.
Also, we are setting up a sleeping bag in our room. There may not always be room in our bed for her, but she is always welcome in our room. And it's better than her roaming the house in the middle of the night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment