As we were eating dinner last night I was trying to explain to Virginia that she needs to eat food that is good for her, and not just dessert, so she can grow big muscles. She said, "I already have big muscles."
"Oh, really?" I asked, "Can you lift an elephant?"
"Yes." She said.
I raised my eyebrows at her.
"A small elephant."
I said, "Oh. A small elephant."
But then she went on, "Maybe I could lift a big elephant if my daddy helped me."
John, you had better start lifting weights.
Update on Horatio's sleep:
He has had a couple really good nights this week. One night he actually only woke up once. I think that made me overly optimistic. Things aren't going to get better "overnight" (haha), but they are getting better.
We are still having him sleep in the crib and trying to put him down before he is fully asleep even if it takes a few tries (although now it rarely does). We've added in trying to slow things down before we do bedtime to help him get sleepy. It can be difficult to keep Horatio occupied during Virginia's longer bedtime routine and sometimes that means playtime for Horatio.
It takes a long time to put him to sleep at the beginning of the night and often he wakes up again before too long, so giving him a more restful bedtime routine makes sense as our next step.
Here is the little stinker in a pair of his sister's old pajamas, playing while we get Virginia ready for bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment