Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Second Summer Adventure

After only about a week and a half back at home, we set out on a second road trip on the last day of July.

We were headed to the National Storytelling Conference, which was held in Richmond, Virginia this year. Having so much to do during our days at home, we did not dedicate an entire day to the drive. Instead of waking up early and getting it over with, as we had for most of the drives on our last trip, we planned to leave after John's work was done for the day and arrive late.

A little north of Charlotte, North Carolina the digital readout on the dashboard alerted me to the fact that one of our tires was losing air. I got off the interstate, found a gas station, and called OnStar. They sent road-side assistance to put on our spare, but they couldn't fix the flat tire. By that time at night, we couldn't find any place in a 40 mile radius that would fix the tire. So, we were forced to change plans and stay in a nearby hotel. In the morning John got the tire fixed and we drove on to Richmond.

As for the conference, I found all the workshops informative and storytelling enjoyable. I met lots of great people, who were quite friendly and easy to talk to.

I gave my long-awaited fringe performance. Feels good to have it completed and completed well!



Now we are all back home, getting into new routines with work and school (daycare). I'm back in the real world. But I hope some of the storytelling magic of the summer will carry over!

No comments:

Post a Comment