I didn't shave at all in during the month of November.
I did take faster showers. My skin is mostly better, but I still have a few ingrown hairs working themselves out.
I have been able to completely hide my legs in public, so I haven't really had to worry about what people think, but I did go to a spa mid-November and had a little anxiety about that.
I was at a conference and had a night on my own, and since I rarely have time to myself I treated myself to a massage. I worried that since people usually go to spas to get beautified the masseuse might ask if she could take care of that little hair problem for me. Or just be kind of disgusted at having to touch my legs (although, I reasoned, men get massages, too, and they have hairy legs).
When she got to my legs and didn't say anything at all I still found myself worrying about what she thought. Then I thought to myself, "Seriously?" I was the one with the problem, not her. I was the one who was bothered by my legs. Not her. And I wasn't going to let it ruin my massage. So I got over it.
I would like to say that I like my legs hairy. But I still don't. I feel a little better about them, but probably not enough to sport it proudly. So although No-Shave November has definitely spilled over into No-Shave December, it is a good bet that the next time my legs are bared they'll also be hairless.
I may experiment with waxing. What could go wrong?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment