Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Fading Horatioisms and Electra

Horatio is making a real effort to speak better. It is amazing to watch and I'm so proud of his development, but also, I miss his cute mispronunciations and misnomers.

Most notably, he has almost completely stopped calling Virginia "Mine." She is "Ginya" instead. It started about a week ago. At first he alternated the two names, but now she is usually "Ginya" or "My Ginya."

Then, this weekend he said "boo-nana." Instead of "nana."

On our most recent trip to and from Georgia (...since the move to NC. I know I'm not doing a good job of actually blogging what is happening in my life) we listened to a playlist I created of all my storytelling CDs. The playlist just covered the round trip. One of the stories we heard (which I had not heard before) was Jay O'Callahan's "Electra."

We have started joking about the odd neighbor from his story who would ask her dog, "Why does one bark, Bones?"

What if we talked to Socrates that way?

"Why does one meow, Socrates? Why does one climb the door frames? Why does one destroy cardboard boxes? Why does one chew plastic bags?"

But most importantly, "Why does one lick one's own butt?"

Oh woe is me, my children will not be tiny and cute for much longer. And the chorus says, "Woman up, Electra."

No comments:

Post a Comment