Thursday, February 28, 2013

Nicest Manners

The Kindergarten classes are using the computers to look up books for the first time this week. (Before this they have been browsing the shelves.) My colleague, who teaches the younger grades, asked for "all hands on deck" to help these students with the little exercise she assigned. 

I was standing behind three Kindergarten students at the computers. K1 was moving pretty slowly, so when she finally found a book she was interested in I asked, "What do you next?" trying to urge her along.
K2, right next to her, said, "Well, then we are supposed to write down the number for the book and then ask a grown-up for help using our nicest manners."
I told him, "Nicest manners. I like that."
In the mean time K3 finished. He got up from his chair and stood in front of me expectantly. I prompted him, "I'm waiting for your nicest manners."
Without saying a word he turned and walked past me. (Maybe looking for an adult who didn't know the rules?)
I stopped him and said, "Wait. I will help you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment