Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Cats in Costume

Yesterday afternoon, in the car, Virginia was asking me about my day.
She said, "What made you happy today?"
I told her, "I sat with one of my friends at lunch and she told me that her cat wears sweaters! That made me happy because it is very funny."
Immediately Virginia replied, "Our cats can wear sweaters!"
Me: "I don't know, Virginia. I don't think they want to."
Virginia: "Why not?"
Me: "They have fur. They aren't used to wearing clothes."
Virginia: "They can just wear short sleeves."
She seemed pretty convinced they would be comfortable in short sleeves. And maybe shorts, too. Watch out kitties!

This is a pretty old picture of Penelope. (I have kids now. I don't take as many pictures of the cats!) But, I think she would agree with the sentiment on the pillow if I tried to dress her up.

No comments:

Post a Comment