Thursday, September 12, 2013

Mayhayley


I am reading a book about Mayhayley Lancaster for a storytelling project and decided I should do some more research on her. I own another book called Weird Georgia, which seemed like a good place to start.

I turned to the index (like a good librarian). First I looked under "M" for "Mayhayley" because she seems to often be referred to by that name alone. I didn't find her there, so I looked under "L" for "Lancaster" and discovered that there are several pages on her.

I put my finger in the book to start looking for the section I needed. When I pulled the book open I was looking right at a picture of Mayhayley. I had opened the book to the correct section.

Mayhayley was supposed to be a seer. She called herself "The Oracle of the Ages." Opening the book to the right page is almost an eery Mayhayley-like occurrence.

Another strange connection, Mayhayley's first name is Amanda.

I'm thinking of portraying Mayhayley. Since she wore everything from potato sacks to fancy dresses, the costume shouldn't be too hard. I can't do a glass eye, but she wore an eye patch sometimes, which could be a neat touch. Now I just need to work on my South Georgia accent.

Oh, and getting together all the Mayhayley stories I want to use. Small detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment