1) You can always find some piece of advice that will tell you what you are doing is wrong.
2) You can always find some piece of advice that will tell you what you are doing is right.
I am one of those people who fears that each situation has ONE right answer and if I am not doing it that way I am doing it WRONG. This attitude is not compatible with being a sane parent. I will research one parenting question for days and make a decision about how I want to do things only to be filled with doubt once I run across an article with a different viewpoint. To make matters even more complicated, Virginia also has her own opinions about how things ought to be done.
I'm learning that all the baby advice is worth reading, but it's not all worth taking. There isn't just one right answer. I don't have to do what worked for someone else and I don't expect anyone else to do things the way I do. I know my baby better than anyone else and I can decide what is best for her. And yes, Virginia does have insights into what will work for her; all I have to do is listen.
Basically, I can't make everyone happy, but I can make Virginia happy. And that is really what it is all about.
No comments:
Post a Comment