Monday, December 13, 2010

Nightmare Before Christmas

One of the homes I drive by on my daily route has a large square-based pillar near the road. For Christmas they have wound red ribbon around the normally white pillar. As I come around the bend in the road and see the pillar it looks a bit like a red brick chimney.

And anyone who is familiar with Tailypo knows that a chimney with no house around it is inherently creepy.

Yes, unfortunately, their decorating attempt makes me think less "Ho Ho Ho" and more "Tailypo, tailypo, I got my tailypo..."

2 comments:

  1. That's terrifying. I would not want to live near that house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I heard this story as a child in the library of my elementary school. It was a vinyl recording of a storyteller with a sufficiently creepy way of saying "Taileybone, Taileybone, I want my taileybone." I still remember that refrain sometimes, but I've never seen another reference to it in my entire life until now. It was great (and creepy) to read the whole story again.

    ReplyDelete