
Virginia will turn one year old tomorrow at 7:44 pm.
We had a party for her this afternoon with family members. Virginia got lots of neat loot and she had her first cake and ice cream. I think the best thing about the party, though, was to see how many people adore Virginia, and to see her so happy to be interacting with everyone.
It has been an interesting year. It is hard to believe she was so brand new and tiny such a short time ago. It is also still hard for me to believe I'm a mother!
If you haven't yet had the privilege of reading Virginia's birth story in full uncensored detail, feel free to read it here. The one thing I forgot to put in the story (I was bound to forget something, right? I had a lot on my mind...) was that during the toughest parts of labor, looking into John's eyes helped me focus, relax, know that I could go on. Well, the hard work doesn't end when the baby is born. That is just the beginning! During the last year John has helped me through many a sleepless night and poopslposion. I couldn't do this without him.
Hi Sarah,
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday to Virginia!! Just wanted to let you know the link has changed to her birth story, you can find it here now - http://www.birthingright.com/birthstories.php?id=596670437518470572
Much love to you all, and Happy Holidays!!
Thanks! I've fixed the link.
ReplyDeleteHappy Holidays to you as well!