I teach 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade classes when they come to the library. The 5th graders have been the most challenging to keep engaged and on task. The 4th graders are practically always angels, or at least good natured about whatever little mischief they get into. And the 3rd graders vacillate between the two.
Most days I see one to three classes that all belong to the same grade, but there is one day of the rotation that I see two 5th grade classes, followed by a 4th grade class. I really, really love this 4th grade class. At first I thought they just seemed extra great by comparison, but, no, really, they are sweet hearts.
Last week, when I had this class, however, they were being uncharacteristically difficult to teach. Silly, not bad, but it was still hard to get through the lesson. I finally told them, "Look, you are my moment of zen after those 5th grade classes!"
One of the students looked at me and said, "But we're just future 5th graders."
Say it ain't so.
No comments:
Post a Comment