Friday, July 22, 2011

Sleepy John II

Of course right after I said that Virginia had been sleeping great she started waking up at night again. To be fair, her fang teeth are finally coming in - slowly and painfully - so I can't really blame her.

She came into our room last night and I snuggled her in the bed between me and John. She kept rotating herself horizontally so that her head was digging into my back between my shoulder blades and her feet were on John (her favorite sleeping position). So, periodically I was having to lift her up and put her back in a vertical alignment.

During one of these shifts John rolled over and said, "Hon, did you take care of the guar?"
Me: "What?"
John: "The guar"
Me: "Oh, you're not awake."
John: "Yes I am. What about the guar?"
Me: ???
John: "You're right. I wasn't awake. I am now. Sorry."

1 comment:

  1. Once, when we were in high school, I had a friend over to spend the night and we stayed up late. We had walked out of my room to go wash our faces when John ran out of his room and slammed the door behind him with wild & crazy eyes. I looked at him and asked him what was wrong. His response: "Someone's in there!" I just looked at him again and said, "Okay..." really slowly. Then he said something about a bug. Then he went back in his room. My poor friend thought we were a crazy family.

    ReplyDelete