Virginia and I had so much fun this week entertaining my cousin, Kieran, who is visiting from New York. Sunday we had a 4th of July cook-out with Dad's side of the family (minus Dad) and Aunt Kathy (Kieran's mom, visiting from Texas).
Monday, John and I invited Kieran to come with us to a friend's 4th of July party. Kieran was a good sport and agreed to come with me to hear storytelling earlier in the day, too. It started out a little slow and I was afraid he was wondering what I got him into, but then it picked up! Virginia charmed everyone at the party that evening, even though she got conked in the head with the door.
Tuesday, Virginia and I drove to Grandma's after a lunch storytelling meeting and hung out with everyone there for a while.
Wednesday we did the aquarium with Amanda. I had never been before so it was pretty neat. It was crowded even though we got there in the morning, but at least Virginia was riding on my back and not in a bulky stroller. ;) The ballroom was not crowded at all, so we got to stare at the beluga whales for a long time. They were definitely looking back at us and they kept rubbing up against the glass, like they wanted to touch us (just like we touch the glass). Virginia loved them, so I bought her a plush beluga whale. She wouldn't even let me take it back long enough to pay for it. The cashier had to scan it while it was still in Virginia's hands. On the way home Virginia insisted that I keep singing the song about swimming that is on our mommy and me work-out video until she fell asleep.
Thursday was my birthday! Virginia, Amanda, Kieran, and I went miniature golfing. Virginia had her own ball and club, which she clung to the entire time we were there, lest anyone take them from her. Then we ate a Steak n' Shake and Kieran came back to the apartment to play Mario Kart with me while Amanda left to do some work.
Friday we all went to the zoo. I got a membership at the beginning of the summer and this was the third time Virginia and I had gone. Different things have been happening each time we have been, so it is well worth it to keep going. Virginia rode on my back again and she started getting squirmy in the reptile house, insisting that all the snakes and frogs were "Mine!" Then she laid her head on me and fell asleep, so I guess she was tired. We ate lunch at the zoo and then came back to the apartment for more Mario Kart, this time with Amanda, too! All of us, including John, went to Grandma's for dinner and Bananagrams to send off Kieran and Aunt Kathy, who leave this morning.
It will be kind of sad to go back to my normal life next week, but it has been a lot of fun!
Saturday, July 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment