The other night Virginia walked over to the wall, reached up, and turned the lights off. Then she turned them on again. Then she said "Look, Momma. Lights off! Lights on!"
I was very puzzled by this new development for a moment. You see, I distinctly remember a time when I was old enough to need to turn the lights on and off by myself but wasn't tall enough to do so. My father made me a pole with a hook on the end so I could nudge the switch up or pull it down.
My daughter seems to take after me, so far, in that she is petite. So how is it possible that at under two she can reach the light switch?!!
Then I remembered that we live in a handicapped accessible apartment. All the light switches are much lower on the wall than in a normal building. When we first moved in I had to get used to the different height, but now I don't even think about it any more. In fact, when I am using light switches in other people's homes I usually reach for the wrong spot on the wall.
I guess that when we eventually move away, if Virginia is not tall enough to reach the switches in our new place, I'll have to get her a pole with a hook on the end.
Monday, October 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment