Monday, August 30, 2010

Energy

My last class of the day was rather lively and I had to take away necklaces from two boys. The necklaces looked, to me, like bungee cords. The boys had removed them from their necks and were swatting things with them.

When the teacher came to pick up the class I simply handed the necklaces over. She said "You know these are titanium, right?"

"Nope."

"Yeah, they are supposed to give you energy."

I was shocked. I had to ask, "These kids need more energy?"

Then after thinking for a moment about how I'm having a hard time adjusting to waking up earlier I added, "Maybe I should get one."

That's when she told me, "They are expensive."

She asked one of the young men I had confiscated a necklace from how much his had been.

"$60."

How much should I be willing to pay to be able to keep up with my students?

1 comment:

  1. I'm more amazed that kids are wearing $60 necklaces! And for energy? Yow.

    ReplyDelete