Sunday, December 18, 2011

Conversations with a 2-Year-Old

V: Want nana, Momma.
Me: (Because she had already had a snack and dinner was soon) Sorry, sweetie. Please wait until dinner.
V: Want nana.
Me: I'm not giving you a banana right now.
V: (Sitting in her rocking chair where we sometimes share a banana) Momma, want nana.
Me: You are being really cute right now, but I'm still not giving you a banana.
V: (Scowling) I not cute.

Me: (Some question)
V: No
Me: (Another question)
V: No
Me: Are you contrary?
V: Yes!

Me: You are going to be a big sister.
V: No, I not big sister.
Me: Yeah, you are getting a little brother or sister. You will be the big sister.
V: I not big.
Me: Okay. Yes, you are still little, but you will be the oldest.
V: I not oldest. I two.

V: (Being silly while we get out of the tub)
Me: You are a silly billy.
V: I not silly billy.
Me: Momma is a silly billy?
V: Yeah!
Me: Momma is a silly billy. Virginia is very serious.
V: Zia-zia is very ser'ous.

1 comment:

  1. That is great. I like the wit on this daughter of yours.

    ReplyDelete