Yes, red peppers.
I have been trying to offer her more of the foods that John and I eat. She is a really good eater, and what is mostly holding her back is the fact that she doesn't have many teeth. (The two in the bottom front are currently at about half mast.)
Anyway, John and I had quesadillas the other night and I gave Virginia some of the chicken and peppers I used. The chicken had been cooked in the crock pot and then frozen, specifically for use in quesadillas, so it was shredded and tender.
Virginia liked the chicken, but when she saw a red pepper... Well, she pulled the chicken off the pepper strip by strip, dropping many pieces on the floor. The she delightedly put the pepper in her mouth. Why did the pepper have to be chicken free? I don't know.
But Virginia does like red foods. And apparently she likes them better when they aren't mixed up with anything else.
No comments:
Post a Comment