Monday, October 4, 2010

Baby Bird

When I got Virginia home today I put her in her high chair with the cup of milk she hadn't finished at day care and I got myself a cup of applesauce. As soon as I opened the applesauce Virginia started making eating noises, smacking her lips loudly.

I haven't been feeding her things that require a spoon because I like for her to feed herself. But she clearly wanted my applesauce. I gave her a taste off my spoon. She sucked it down. Then I pulled a plastic baby spoon off the shelf, put some applesauce on it, and set it down on Virginia's tray. She picked it up and put the applesauce in her mouth. I asked for the spoon back. She handed it to me and looked at me expectantly as I resupplied her with applesauce. This time as I moved the spoon towards her she took it from me instead of opening her mouth for me to do it.

I guess I don't mind sharing my applesauce with Virginia if she is learning how to use a spoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment