Thursday, October 21, 2010

This Results in a Boob-Eviction

Ever since Virginia got teeth people have been looking at me, knowingly, and asking, "Has she bitten you, yet?" And they don't mean on the finger, or knee, or nose (yes, she has bitten me in all those places) they mean on the boob.

Okay eyebrow waggling enjoyers of other people's pain: you'll be glad to know that the day has come. I tried to nurse Virginia to sleep, as always, and she apparently wasn't tired. So she bit me. Just like all the advice says to do, I took her off, told her "NO," and after a moment offered to let her nurse again.

She stared me right in the eye, made ominous and threatening movements with her jaw, then bit me AGAIN.

She is talking to her stuffed animals right now. Mama is wondering how she is going to get Jaws to go to sleep.

3 comments:

  1. Katy did that, I yelped, she cried and refused to nurse the rest of the evening, and the next day we were fine and she never did it again. Don't remember with Darsie or Liam. Molly has done that a couple of times, though I think it has been when she is teething and really uncomfortable. Not so comfortable! Did she go to sleep on her own?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ended up letting her get sleepier on her own. Then she nursed without biting. I guess she needs me less than she used to, and just like with her food, she plays when she is bored.

    ReplyDelete