I woke up this morning in some intestinal distress, but figured it was because my stomach didn't like what I ate for dinner last night. Went to work, still felt a little off, but I ate a banana and thought that would fix everything.
I managed to eat some lunch and make it through the day without any incident. But, by the end of the day I felt pretty lousy and wondered if I was actually sick and not just rejecting greasy food. After the experience I had last fall with a stomach bug, that was the one type of illness I was determined not to get while pregnant. But, if this is my one stomach bug for the year it is far better than what I went through the last time.
I was feeling pretty sorry for myself and my goal was just to make it home and make some soup for dinner. I left work as early as I could and headed to day care to get Virginia. She was in a swing on the playground and didn't want to leave, but she was okay once I picked her up. I walked through one of the other classrooms to take her inside and put her down so she could talk to a friend who hasn't moved up to her class yet.
As I set her down my hand brushed her belly and it felt wet. I looked down and saw that she had poop coming out the front of her diaper, all over the front of her pants and shirt, and of course, all over me where I had held her. She had probably pooped while she was on the swing so I'm not bothered the teachers didn't notice. That stuff happens. I took her to her classroom and cleaned her up as much as I could, carrying her to the car in just a clean diaper.
Virginia and I took a bath as soon as we got home. So much for just surviving. Momma duty never ends.
Thursday, September 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment