Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Bath Time

I bathe Virginia roughly once a week. (My estimation of the timing is rough, not the way I handle the baby.) Since she doesn't quite sit up by herself I do this by getting in the tub with her, and this is very much the reason I don't bathe her more frequently. It is fun to splash in the water together, but time consuming.

One of the most frustrating things about bath time is that Virginia doesn't stay clean very long. She usually spits up all over herself before I even towel her off and does a tremendous poopy in her first post-bath diaper.

Today's bath time was extra special. I stripped her down, wrapped her in a baby towel, laid her on another towel on the bathroom floor and began preparing the bath. I looked down and saw that both the towels Virginia was laying on were wet. Fair enough. I hadn't cleaned her yet.

With her still on the floor (not in the tub) I hurried to her room to get the other baby towel (I have exactly two) so I would have something clean to wrap her in after the bath.

Splashy, splashy, washing the baby times.

Then after the bath I laid her on her clean baby towel. No extra towel for padding this time since she had peed on it already. As I was getting my clothes on before picking her up, my little bundle of towel-wrapped baby rolled over revealing her very wet toweled behind. Bath water makes the towel damp, not soaked. She had peed again.

I give up. Maybe next week she'll be clean a little longer.

This is a picture from Virginia's first ever bath. She was a couple weeks old.

No comments:

Post a Comment