Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Reading

I read to Virginia every day. I started reading to her in the early days after she was born while she was nursing. I read novels aloud to her like The Christmas Carol (Virginia was born on December 6) and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Since then I've started reading her children's novels from the library that I want to review and we no longer read every time she nurses since I've learned this is a prime time for computer work.

However, I do make time to read her picture books while we sit together on the floor. Sometime she sits in my lap. Sometimes I prop her up in front of me so she can see my face. (As a trained children's librarian I am awesome at reading upside down.) She likes to help turn pages and taste the books. When we read a board book I give it to her afterwards to properly gum.

I've started opening the board books and setting them on the floor for her to roll over to and do with as she will. This morning she rolled over to The Runaway Bunny (a gift from another children's librarian, Ms. Jackie), held it open in front of her, and babbled.

I'm so proud!

1 comment:

  1. That makes me smile! Proud of your girlie! Of course she'll love reading!!

    ReplyDelete