Friday, May 28, 2010

Jogging

I tried jogging at the park today. I jogged a few times with the stroller when it was still cold outside, but soon decided it was too much of an ordeal to put on workout clothes, run, come home, shower and change. I've been going to the park regularly for a while now and just walking. On a recent trip I really had the urge to run, so I thought I'd give it another try.

It went pretty well, despite the heat. Virginia slept almost the whole time. I managed to jog for about a solid mile, then I alternated jogging and walking for the remander of my 2.5 mile route. I decided to jog the curves and run the straight parts since I have to lock the front wheel to jog. When the stroller is moving at a good clip the front wheel jiggles if it isn't locked. However, if the wheel is locked and I'm going slowly I can't make turns. Jogging just the turns prevented my having to keep locking and unlocking the wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment