Anyway, several chapters in I realized the book was messing with my already frayed emotions by making me feel guilty for not doing something I both wanted and didn't want to do. I stopped reading it and returned it to the midwife without comment.
Virginia spent her second night in bed with me last night. I now know more about co-sleeping than I did when she was born and have created a sleeping environment for her I am comfortable with. And I do acknowledge that we get more sleep next to each other than apart when she is having trouble sleeping. However, Virginia fell asleep during her first feeding of the day this morning. This never happens and makes me suspect she was not as well rested as when she sleeps by herself.
I will continue to be there for her and do what I can so that she gets as much sleep as she can. I now feel that helping her to sleep on her own is a part of that. I plan to continue putting her to bed in her crib and moving her to my bed if she is really can't sleep there.
No comments:
Post a Comment