Last night I was having a particularly rough time and John offered to take her. He went into another room and held and shushed her. I could hear the shushing and at first thought, "I won't be able to sleep." I can be very sensitive to noises, especially when I am agitated. But then I thought about how it was a soothing noise. It was like the shushing wasn't just for Virginia, but also for me. I felt so calm and well cared for. I spend a whole lot of time caring for Virginia, it was amazing to have John take care of me.
After an hour he laid Virginia back in her crib and she started fussing within a matter of minutes. This time I was able to bring her into bed with me and calm her. She still cried out every time she woke up the rest of the night, but I was right there to make her feel better and we both got some sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment