Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Shelfari

As I think I've mentioned before, I have read to Virginia since she was born. Recently we have changed our night time routine so that I read while nursing her to sleep instead of watching TV. This actually goes faster because I'm paying closer attention to how awake she is and often there is time for me and John to watch TV together after Virginia is asleep. I want night time reading to be part of our routine for years to come and making the change now will make it very easy to continue this practice.

Of course this has worked out well for me because I am simply getting more reading done! I am currently working my way through the 2010-2011 Georgia Children's Book Award nominees. (My students need to read or listen to a certain number of the nominees to participate in voting.) Since these are children's books they are great to share with Virginia and it is good read-aloud practice for me.

I have fond memories of so many of the books my mother read to me and my sister and I want Virginia to have a list of books she has enjoyed. So, I have started a Shelfari for her (there is also a link under "life in the cloud.") I promise that some day I'll let her have a little more say in what we read. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to hear what you think about Shelfari. I'm on LibraryThing and Goodreads, right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A classmate of mine introduced me to Shelfari and I thought I'd give it a try. I'll let you know how it stacks up!

    ReplyDelete