Sunday, July 25, 2010

Thoughts on Moving Mid-Move

John and I packed up (most) of our stuff at my mom's house yesterday and then drove the U-Haul to his parents' house where other stuff has been stored since before we moved to England.

Some observations:
  • Folding up the swing Virginia has outgrown I had one of those moments of "Oh, I remember those days. She used to be so tiny!"
  • Nursing is good for making you take breaks. Also it was nice to reconnect with Virginia every few hours, since she spent most of her time with Grandmommy, who came over to help out.
  • Lifting heavy boxes all day will make the baby feel lighter.
  • The cats were pretty traumatized that we locked them in a room while the door to the outside was open and then took away the cat tree and futon.
I am so excited to be moving into a place that is ours.

1 comment:

  1. Having a place that is 'yours' makes all the bumps and bruises of moving worth it.

    ReplyDelete