I was really happy that she has not only grown, but jumped in percentiles. At her last visit she was 5th percentile for weight and now she is 25th. She was 25th percentile for length and now she is 50th. (Is it really possible a child of mine is normal in some way?)
She is hitting all her developmental milestones like sitting with assistance and standing while holding on.
I really liked the nurse who was there today. She offered to let Virginia breastfeed while she got her vaccines. Virginia was too busy looking at what was going on to notice my offer of "Momma nommas" until after the final shot, which apparently had a kick to it. But I helped her calm down and we both left the office smiling!
Virginia has just gotten over her reflux in the past couple months and I think that has helped tremendously with her growth and her willingness to be on her tummy. The reflux caused me a lot of stress, not only because I was frequently soaked with sour milk but because I felt like I should be growing her more and getting her on her tummy more. This is one trial of babyhood we have survived. It's nice to have evidence that I am doing the right things for her and she is catching up now that the reflux is done.
No comments:
Post a Comment