Tuesday, July 13, 2010

It's What's For Dinner

John and I made stir fry pretty frequently when we were living in England. Stir frying is fast and easy and even healthy. It also helped that John liked stir frying so it was a good way for me to get him to cook.

We had ingredients in the house for stir frying last night so I asked John if he would help me make dinner. Sometimes it really is helpful to have two people working together since you want to move quickly once the oil is hot. Of course, both of us in the kitchen means someone else has to be in the kitchen, too. I got Virginia situated on my back in the mei tai and we were in business. It was nice cooking with John. And I couldn't see Virginia very well, but John said she was quite pleased to be riding high.

And while we were enjoying our yummy food Virginia got some banana. But not banana in a baby feeder. I am really working with her on truly experiencing her food, feeding herself, learning to chew and swallow (not suck down food like she does milk). I sliced the banana long ways for her so she could hold the pieces easily. An entire banana got used up. Most of it ended up in mashed bits in her high chair. But some ended up in her mouth where it got gummed and swallowed. I so love watching her learn. Maybe in the next couple of months she can start eating bits of the same stuff we are having!

No comments:

Post a Comment