Friday, July 30, 2010

Not Too Busy to Hambone

Life is still pretty crazy here in the new abode. Boxes piled high. A leaking air conditioner (now fixed). A new daycare availability (they may allow the cloth diapers!). Last minute details about my start of school schedule.

But let's not talk about that.

Recently, when Amanda was hanging out with me and Virginia, she asked if I knew all the words to "Hush Little Baby." I told her that I didn't, but I knew that they were in Pete Seeger's autobiography*, which I own and adore. So we looked up the song. He includes it in his autobiography because it is (apparently) a good song to hambone to. He also has some instructions on how to hambone.

I was intrigued.

Here is a beginner's hambone duet:



And then, because she has been boycotting naps, Virginia laid her head on my arm and drifted off to sleep.

Sweet dreams hambone baby!

*Like a true librarian, I don't know everything, just where to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment